What is tennis elbow? Tennis elbow is a pain in the elbow that may occur because of the tendons and muscles damage around your elbow. Once your get this problem, then you must have a tennis elbow treatment to get recovered. The humerus, elbow round, and elbow bone are some parts of the elbow joint. The bony bulge at the elbow has round shape and it belongs to the humerus head. The tendons and muscleslinking the humerus bone are mounting on this area. Because of this structure, you can fold your arm or stretch it.
Signs & symptoms of Tennis Elbow
What are the symptoms of tennis elbow? Based on the types of tennis elbow, you will experience various symptoms, such as:
There are similar signs or symptoms to joints inflammation. However, you will find the significant difference that occurs on the elbow where there is no swelling on the cell tissue.
- Specific pain in the very sore arm when touched or moved.
- The pain continues, even when your hand is resting.
- Burning heat from elbow to arm
- The handle may weaken and it is difficult to grasp things, cannot lift things, or do little things like scrubbing and writing.
If you are a golf player, then you may feel the pain on the elbow and forearm. Here are the other symptoms.
- Your Elbow becomes stiff.
- The arm weakens as well as the wrist.
- The ring and little fingers become tingling and numb.
There would be other signs which are not showed above. If you get some of those symptoms, then you must contact your orthopedic doctor immediately.
When should I see my orthopedic doctor? If you know that you get a tennis elbow disease, then you need to take a rest and do not do any repeated activities. You should see an orthopedic doctor if the pain and stiffness of the elbow do not weaken after the break. You may also use ice to compress or consume painkillers for a quick tennis elbow treatment.
Tennis Elbow Treatment
The tennis elbow treatmentcan be done by using anti-inflammatory medicines to restore joint activity. Your local orthopedic doctormay provide for you an anti-inflammatory drug to reduce the pain. If the pain goes back, your physician may inject the anti-inflammatory medicine directly into your elbow. If it gets severe, then you need to have elbow surgery done by an orthopedic surgeon. If it is necessary, your doctor will perform elbow replacement.
Home Remedy for Tennis Elbow
The following home remedies and lifestyle changes may help you overcome this disease:
- You need to stop doing activities that can cause elbow injuries for at least two weeks or more, or you can ask for advice from your doctor.
- You can apply an ice cubefor reducingpain but do not place it directly on the elbow.
- Coat with a special bandage around the pain to help make your elbow feel warm and so that you can move easily.
- Physiotherapy according to the doctor advise and immediately tell your orthopedic doctor woodbridge just in case the symptoms do not disappear after consuming or taking the drug for Tennis Elbow treatment or experiencing a fever after using it.