Stone veneer is one of the things that you can use on your property. If you’re planning on using a stone veneer product, odds are that you have some questions that you need answered before looking for a masonry contractor. Below mentioned are some frequently asked questions about stone veneer, have a look and see if stone veneer is the right thing for you or not.
What is stone veneer?
This is one basic question that everyone planning to use stone veneer should ask. After all, you should know what a thing actually is before you actually get it installed in your house. Stone veneer is a stone that is made from the fusion of cement and iron in a specific way. The fact that it is manufactured artificially and not mined from the earth makes them more affordable.
Stone veneer is also a bit lighter as compared to natural stone. That is why it can be used in a wide range of applications.
How long does it last?
Stone veneer is the type of stone that will last for a long period of time after getting installed. Usually, it is said that the stone veneer will last as long as the building is standing. It is well known for its durability, so, you can bet on it to last for a pretty long period of time.
Does it need maintenance?
Stone veneer need little maintenance over the span of its life, and this is also an added benefit. As a rule of thumb, stone veneer will only need to be washed once or twice a year after getting installed. Very little amount of maintenance is needed for stone veneer, however, the frequency of washing the stone depends on the area you live in. If your house is in a harsh climate, you might need to wash your stone more than twice a year.
What about the installation process?
When you plan to use stone veneer in the place of actual, natural stone, the installation process of stone veneer is simple whether you do the thing by yourself or hire a professional to do so. You can save a lot of money by installing it yourself, or still save some bucks by hiring a professional, they will charge you less because the process is really easy.
What is the production process?
The stone-like concrete mixture is poured into the molds to create stone veneer tiles. The final product of this efficient process is an excellent looking, durable and affordable stone that works and looks the same way as any natural stone. Most people can’t even differentiate between natural stone and stone veneer, and that is a great benefit.
What can I use it for?
Stone veneer is usually used in exterior projects like vinyl siding. Many patio designs require stone veneer to improve visual appeal. You can also use some quality stone veneer in the inside of your house. There are many popular home designs that can’t be completed without using stone veneer. You can literally use it anywhere in your house and it’ll look great under all conditions.
Why should I install stone veneer?
Yes, there are actually many benefits of using stone veneer in your house. In addition to the reduced need of maintenance, you can also expect these benefits from this product.
- Once installed, stone veneer can last for many years once you get it installed in your house.
- It can actually increase the resale value of your house if you use it the right way. This investment has an ROI of over 92%, which is one of the highest ROI projects you can complete in your house.
- Since this stone is made from artificial materials, it is very affordable compared to the natural stone used in houses. It is affordable because of the fact that the production process is relatively easy.
- There are lots of different project ideas and usage cases of stone veneer, so, the selection process becomes a lot easier.
- One of the best things about stone veneer is that you can install it yourself in your house for the smaller projects. This allows you to save some money. However, you should hire a stone veneer contractor Long Island if the project is bigger.